Sometimes you just can’t plow through your class study materials no matter what. You’re stuck. Maybe you don’t enjoy the subject. Actuarial tables? Bleh. Maybe you are exhausted or maybe it’s you just have been studying too hard for too long. Nothing works to get you focused. And the test is coming up fast.
What do you do?
Here are some quick fixes that work great:
1) Get some sleep. Drink a big glass of water and make sure you have a good meal. Then snooze. It’s the only real cure for old fashioned exhaustion. 8 hours of sleep and 2 hours of study is more effective than 10 hours of foggy eyed, exhausted cramming.
2) Exercise. If there is a magic potion that helps people focus – it’s excercise. Drink it! Go for a run, play some soccer or dance with your friends. Exercise kicks up your blood flow, boosts brain oxygen and burns off stress. You’ll be clear headed and ready to study when you are done.
3) Find someone who loves it. If you are studying a required subject and, honestly, you buy cheap cialis site espharmacycom hate it then there is only one answer. Find a friend who loves it. Then study with them. Their excitement will rub off on you.
4) Laugh (a lot). Watch a hilarious movie that just makes you smile. Share some jokes with a friend. Laughter has a wonderful way of making everything easier. It also helps you relax. Take a 5 minute break. Watch something that makes you bust out with laughter. Can’t think of a funny video? Try Judson Laipply’s Evolution of Dance for starters.
5) Use a clock and race. For those super-competitive people who love to race you can beat the clock – with your homework! Make a guess about how long the study session will take. Write down your guess. Then start your stopwatch. And beat it!
Extra Credit Tip
Energy drinks loaded with sugar and caffeine work great … for about two hours. Then you will crash. Their short term energy boost actually robs your body of energy, drains your brain of calories and leaves you more exhausted than before. It’s not worth it. Try a quick nap or a fast run around the block instead.